Thursday, May 5, 2011

potty training

I have to admit potty training hasn't really been on my radar yet... To me it was going to be one of those things like weaning - I would start to think about it, read up on it, think about it some more, talk to the grandmas, consult the farmer's almanac for the right moon sign and hope for the best.

Well Mya had other plans - last night she kept saying 'potty' and Traven thought that she wanted her diaper changed but in fact she actually wanted to use the potty. Traven put her on the toilet sideways, kept his hands on her torso so she wouldn't slip and eureka we heard the little tinkling sounds of our daughter peeing in the toilet for the first time.

There are some kids in her toddler class that are being potty trained so I guess she got the idea that it was the cool thing to do and goodness knows that girl hates having her diaper changed so I guess we're starting this new frontier whether I was prepared for it or not.

1 comment:

  1. Not fair, I don't even want to say how old my boys were before they wanted to have anything to do with the toilet. They just did not mind diapers at all. What is it with little girls that make it so easy?

    ReplyDelete